Sunday, May 2, 2010

Love In Video Games



Relationships are a part of the vital glue that keeps humans together.

It makes us want to live life another day, some make us want to tear our hair out.

I have a question: when is the last time you saw a relationship you believed in in video games?

When I say "believed in", I mean a relationship where you honestly truly believed these characters loved each other very much and would do anything, but also had those moments all people in relationships have. They have their moments where they show compassion and grace, where other times reveal the darker side to relationships like doubt of each other or separation.

The only good example I can bring up right now is Tidus and Yuna from Final Fantasy X. They were characters, one being extremely cheesy but that is another blog post all together, who showed compassion for each other. They deeply cared for each other in a world where anything could happen. Sadly, the romance went from beautiful to Final Fantasy X-2...I don't appreciate that game so much.

From what I've heard, Fenix and Anya were hot for each other in the Gears of War novels by Karen Traviss, who will also be doing the next two Gears novels and leading the story for Gears of War 3.

Here are the links to the Amazon page for Aspho Fields and Jacinto's Remnant

Main Idea: Romance can make a video game. Giggidy.

1 comment:

  1. I can't really think of one, but I can think of a bunch in anime cartoons!

    ReplyDelete