Friday, April 30, 2010


WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!
I went to line up for the Midnight showing of Nightmare on Elm St, and I wasn't expecting for it to get busy considering the town I live in is lame, but it got pretty busy, mostly young kids that went to see it. I felt a bit out of place cuz the 1st movie came out around my time, so I figured there would be more adults my age and not as many teenagers. Anyway, it started off with the first victim killing himself, which was pretty gruesome but nothing too intense. The story progressed with more suspense and the tone of the movie was a bit darker than the original, which I really enjoyed, I'm not big on cheezy scary movies, it takes away from the scary factor. It had it's funny parts but still held on to the scariness of the movie. It shows how Freddy was wrongfully killed but was not wronfully accused. So it was up to the last two kids that remained to figure out what actually happened with the parents' secret. But, they find out they were right all along, now the mission was to find a way to kill Freddy while trying to stay awake with sleep deprivation. They some how manage to bring him out from the "dream world" to reality and kill him, or so they thought. But I guess that's how they are setting up for the sequel. So, since I am pretty desensitised it was still pretty good, but judging by all the reaction of the chickens in the audience, I am guessing it was a pretty scary movie. Overall I give it a 7 popcorn out of 10!

2 comments:

  1. i have an idea for movies, and a tip to the directors: stop making remakes and come up with something new

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the problem they don't have any new ideas anymore, that's why they're remaking everything!

    ReplyDelete